- As mentioned at CityTV’s Summer in the Square, and as part of a Gord Martineau-helmed Yannick Bisson interview, Murdoch Mysteries will go into its fifth season on CityTV. Shooting begins in July 2011, and will finish December 2011.
- Showcase fun: King has earned a second season. XIII‘s future is up in the air, according to Bill Brioux. Brioux has also mentioned the cancellation of Endgame after its first season.
- The futures of The Drunk and on Drugs Happy Funtime Hour and Kenny Hotz’s Triumph of the Will are unknown. The shows are mentioned in the Shaw Media press materials, but aren’t given a fixed airdate. Bomb Girls and Titanic have dedicated entries, and Kenny Hotz’s show is listed as Triumph of Will.
- As for Bomb Girls, the six-part series of hour-long episodes will air on Global winter 2012. Titanic, a four-part miniseries of hour-long episodes, makes its Global run spring 2012.
- Blackstone is in development for a second season, according to Prairie Dog Film & Television. There’s no word yet on Showcase or APTN picking it up for that second season.
- The Real Housewives of Vancouver will premiere on Slice later in 2011. In more encouraging news, Top Chef Canada will earn a second season on Food Network. Horsemeat isn’t enough to stop that show’s upward mobility.
Shaw publicists are keeping mum about The Drunk and on Drugs Happy Funtime Hour and Kenny Hotz’s Triumph of the Will, at least publicly. Last year, I reported that the show would debut winter 2011. I assumed Showcase was saving the two shows for fall 2011, but now I have no idea what the hell is going on. To quote that great orator Krusty the Clown, “what is the freaking holdup?” Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to haul ass to Lollapalooza!